I’ve really struggled to know where to start because this Blog has been in my head for a while. I thought the best place would be at the beginning with a bit about me so you know who I am and what I’m about before you start reading my ramblings. Originally this was going to be 10 things about me but I could only come up with 6 so here are my snippets.
- My name is Lucy. I’m nearly 24. I live in Worthing, West Sussex with my boyfriend Joe. I drink copious amounts of tea (always PG Tips) and my favourite food is cake. I have a degree in Psychology from Anglia Ruskin University where I graduated in 2013 and during my time there I met some amazing people who will be friends for life. I’m very enthusiastic, strong-willed and determined, I’m extremely talkative but can listen well too and am very caring towards others. I’m currently mostly housebound with anxiety.
- I LOVE cupcakes. Not just the cakes, I do really love those, but I love ALL things cupcake-y. I’ve got fridge magnets, socks, pyjamas, calendars, coasters, cake tins, aprons, bags and so much more, all covered in cupcake pictures. I even learnt to crochet so that I could make cute and cuddly cupcakes (see photo above).
- I also love Lego. This is entirely down to my dad who started buying packets of Lego Minifigures a few years ago and gave me his duplicates. I then started buying them occasionally and 3 years on I’m hooked, as is Joe and we now collect them and have well over 100 different figures.
- I also love to bake and have sort of ended up collecting baking recipe books. At the last count I had 33 and I’ve asked for a couple more for Christmas. My favourite recipes at the moment are Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Whipped Cream and Chocolate and Chilli Muffins. Both are divine and it’s making me hungry just thinking about it! I’ve definitely put on weight since becoming housebound!
- I have lots of health problems and the list seems to grow every few years. None of the conditions are life threatening but all have been life changing and I’ll write about this here in the future.
- Finally, the reason I’m here writing and you’re there reading – I have depression and more recently developed an anxiety disorder. This Blog will mostly be about my experiences both past and present. I’m aiming to reduce stigma, dispel some of the myths and misconceptions, put a face to mental illness and highlight positive and negative stories in the media, as and when they arise. I’ve always been loud and open and I’ve never been one to suffer in silence so this is where I plan to vent, educate, advise, offer support and generally enlighten others about mental illness.
Welcome to my Blog where you’ll be In The Midst Of Madness!